From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:17:45 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Indian map dealers.
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005
From: Brendan Richard Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

There is a branch of the Survey of India in New Delhi, just south of
Connaught Place. The sell most publically available maps, in lcuding a
pile of city plans and 1:250,000 district maps (with thematic insets).
I am sure Lonely Planet will list them in their delhi city guide if not
the full India handbook. Otherwise check the address on the survey of
India website.

Eicher goodearth does an excellent city roadatlas of Delhi (and Bombay,
Bangalore and Madras). That is available from several of the bokshops in
Connaught place and surrounds.

Brendan Whyte
Uni Melbourne