From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlucci, April
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:45:47 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:50:07 -0000
From: "Carlucci, April" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Gelandebefahrbankreitskarten - terrain trafficability maps
<f wd>
Sender: "Carlucci, April" <[log in to unmask]>

Mary

Given that the British Library Map Library has been the beneficiary of much
generosity over the years from the Ministry of Defence, we have a lot of
maps in the collection with swastikas stamped on them. The catalogue record
I find that is closest to what you describe is (please remember it's
UKMARC):

001        m700054200#
008        010529$as1944$bgw$lger$nb$pA#
024.00:0/0 $a61188754$c+MAP#
034.10:0/0 $aa$b200000#
087.00:0/0 $aMaps X.5433.#
089.00:0/0 $a497#
245.10:0/0 $a:Ubersichtskarte zur Gel:andebeurteilung von
           Mitteldalmatien (Raum Zara - Knin - :Sibenik). Sonderausgabe
           Panzerkarte#
250.00:0/0 $aAusgabe vom VIII. 1944#
256.00:0/0 $aScale 1:200 000#
260.00:0/0 $a[S.l.]$bPz. AOK 2 Ia/Mess$c1944#
300.00:0/0 $f1$nmap$bcol#
500.00:0/0 $aColour coded to show terrain allowing access to tracked
           vehicles with description of ground#
508.00:0/0 $aBearbeitung: Forschungsstaffel z. b. V. Stand VI. 44#
653.00:0/0 $aYugoslavia$bMilitary art and science$kmaps and charts
           $y1944#
957.00:0/0 $aNDd#

This is probably pretty close to what you're looking for. I think it's meant
to be only one sheet, and it is indeed very colourful. Only trouble about
sending you a copy is that the map is presently on display (shameless advert
warning!) in our The Lie of the Land exhibition, which is on until 7 April.
After that I could send a copy.

April
April Carlucci
The British Library Map Library