From:
"A. Cope" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:04:37 -0500
------------------

Dawn,

There are two joint projects underway in partnership with the Library of
Congress that are working on this issue.  UC Santa Barbara and Stanford
are engaged in developing a national data archive, while we at NC State
are working on a state and local archive.

As you can imagine, there are numerous issues involved and I invite you
to take a look at our website ( http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/ncgdap/ ) for
more information and an introduction to our project.

Also feel free to contact Steve Morris, the PI, at
[log in to unmask], or myself if you'd like to discuss this further.

Best Regards,
Jeff Essic

Jeff Essic, Data Services Librarian
North Carolina State University
D.H. Hill Library, Research & Information Services Dept.
Box 7111, Raleigh, NC  27695-7111
(919) 515-5698