From:
Jeff Grau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 12:00:01 EST

The other day I posted a request for help in obtaining latitude and
longitude data and received several helpful responses. Since
my initial request, I have gotten further clarification from my
customer about his exact need which I may have misrepresented.
Therefore I would like to restate his question.

My customer is looking for a file, preferably in ASCII format, that
gives latitude and longitude coordinates for drawing boundaries of
all countries in the world.  He is not looking for a map-drawing
software program, but rather the data that is probably behind such
a program.  In fact he has his own program (doing what, I am not
sure) that he wants to run against this file.  Does this make
sense?

Since I am not a MAPS-L subscriber I would appreciate any leads sent
directly to me at [log in to unmask]  Once again, I will be glad
to summarize responses upon request.

Thank You Again,

Jeff Grau
Reference Librarian