From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michal Okonek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:59:04 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:00:36 +0100
From: Michal Okonek <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: CD-ROM atlases for Windows NT? <fwd>
Sender: Michal Okonek <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Maureen,

I have the following electronic atlases installed on my computer with Win NT
4.0 and they all run with no problem:

World Atlases:

Microsoft Encarta World Atlas (Versions 96, 97 and 99) - (these're their
European Versions, in the US they're called MS Encarta Virtual Globe), but
their content is basically the same

Dorling Kindersely Cartopedia

Bertelsmann Der Grosse Atlas der Welt

Rand McNally New Millennium World Atlas

Compton's Interactive World Atlas 1997

Compton's Deluxe 3D World Atlas 1998

The Real Picture World Atlas 3.0 (put out by 'Now What Software' - asmall
company headquartered in Sacramento, CA

3D Atlas & 3D atlad 98 - both put out by 'Creative Wonders' a company
recently taken over by TLC (The Learning Company)

The Software Toolworks World Atlas (Versions 3.0 for Windows, 4.0 & 5.0)

Virgin's One World Atlas

DeLorme Global Explorer and DeLorme Eartha Global Explorer

as well as some more which are not easily available in the US (mainly German
and Polish ones) - if you'd like a full list of these I'd be happy to send
it to you.

US Atlases:

DeLorme Street Atlas USA - all versions (2.0 thru 7.0)

Microsoft Expedia Streets and Trips 2000 and most previous releases, which
came as two separate products - Streets and TripPlanner

Rand McNally StreetFinder and Rand McNally TripMaker both Standard and
Deluxe versions (1998 and 1999)

National Geographic TripPlanner Deluxe and Paltinum 2000.

Precision Mapping 2.0

StreetsUSA (put out by 'CDUSA')

and many many more - again, if you' d like a full list please email me.

In general most of the World and US Atlases thet I'm aware of run under Win
NT 4.0. The only ones from my collection that do not and must be run under
Win 95/98 include:

The National Geographic Maps (that's a collection of scanned fold-out maps
fron the NG Magazine on 8 CD-ROMs

and Doling Kindersley Eyewitness World Atlas (released in 1998 - however its
previos 1995 version runs on both NT and 95/98 platform.

Hope this is of some help.

Michael Okonek

At 09:19 99-11-22 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
--- End Forwarded Message ---