From:
Ernie Woodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 12:46:20 EST
Hello,  I examined several maps of Black Rock and Buffalo from the 1800's
and into this century.  I did not find the creek that you mentioned, but there
 was one creek that ran through Black Rock and into the Niagara River. The maps
 call it Cornelius Creek and it went at least five miles. Like many urban
 streams it was disrupted and covered over and is not on the landscape or
  modern maps.   The Atlas of Buffalo of 1894 shows the following infor-
 mation.  Ernie Woodson,  Map Collection  State Univ. NY at Buffalo.