From:
"A. Cope" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:01:44 -0500
Subject:        Request for information on historical GIS data
Date:   Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:58:07 -0500
From:   John Lawton <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

I know that some of this request is likely to be a long shot, but I thought
it worthwhile checking here in the event that these data already exist
somewhere.

A patron of ours is searching for GIS data that would portray the
boundaries of

(1) Bohemia, Moravia, and Slovakia while still included in the Austrian
Empire just prior to World War I;
(2) Russia and its Trans-Siberian Railroad between 1917 and 1920; and
(3) Czechoslovakia from 1918 through the 1950s.

If any of you knows where these data might already exist in a format that
could be read or imported by ArcView 3.3, ArcGIS 9.x, or even MapInfo, and
the current owner of these data is willing to allow this patron to use the
data for his research, please let me know.  If you have any other questions
about this request or the intended use, please feel free to contact me
privately.

Thank you!

John

John Lawton
Interim Head
John R. Borchert Map Library
University of Minnesota
S-76 Wilson Library
309 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55455
Phone: (612) 624-5757 | Fax: (612) 626-9353
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://map.lib.umn.edu