From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:45:15 -0500
forwarded from [log in to unmask] ...
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Publishing opportunity
Date:   Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:28:43 -0500
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     maps-l

The following message has been posted on behalf of Jamie Gill:

The Research for College Librarianship committee of the College
Libraries Section of ACRL is embarking on a project to revise and update
InPrint. If you are not familiar with this title, it is a directory of
publishing opportunities for academic librarians, so it is of particular
value to our membership in terms of promoting research and publication.
It contains information on over 100 different publications and provides
important information for would be authors, from type of manuscripts
preferred to submission guidelines. InPrint was originally available in
print format only, then it went to e-format only. The database
containing the information has not been updated since 2001.  It is long
overdue for an update - and the addition of new resources. Our Committee
now has the support of ACRL, not only to update InPrint, but to move it
from a fee based database structure to a free-to-members website. So, it
will be much easier for all members to access the database.

As you can imagine, updating over 100 publisher entries is a
considerable amount of work. Therefore, we are seeking volunteers from
other committees to join in a collaborative effort to update InPrint.
We would also like to develop a system for keeping InPrint regularly
maintained to prevent it from becoming as terribly out of date as it  is
now.  We would like, as an organization, to make this valuable resource
available to our members in an accurate and timely manner.

If members of your committee would like to join in the effort to update
InPrint, please contact me directly to let me know of your interest in
participating. I realize that this may be something you need to discuss
as a committee, so I hope that you could put this on your agenda for the
the upcoming ALA conference. I will look forward to hearing back from
you soon after ALA, or even before if possible.

The Research for College Librarianship committee of CLS thanks you.

Regards,

Jamie

--
Jamie Gill
Serials / Technical Services Coordinator

ACRL Science & Technology Section Discussion List
Archives:
http://lists.ala.org/wws/arc/sts-l

--

Angie Cope
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)