From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 21:36:32 -0500
Subject:        FW: Map Scale Indicators Available
Date:   Thu, 4 May 2006 19:35:53 -0400
From:   Alberta Auringer Wood <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, we have gotten pretty much settled into our house in Ilderton, Ont.,
and Cliff is again offering Map Scale Indicators (MSI) for sale.  They
may be ordered directly from him for $18.00 US/Canadian each since there
is not much difference between the two currencies at the moment and
covers postage and packaging.   The MSI is a tool for calculating map
scales that is particularly useful for map cataloguing or other types of
descriptive uses.  It is printed on translucent, stable base, four mil
film, and measures approximately 4 x 16 inches.  The MSI can be used to
calculate scales in miles, kilometers, degrees of latitude, and feet,
generally from bar scales or grids on maps.  They are no longer
available from Memorial University of Newfoundland's Department of
Geography.

Map Scale Indicators -- each USD $18.00 -- postage and packing included
  Order from:

Clifford H. Wood, PhD
Professor (Retired), Memorial University
P.O. Box 225
Ilderton, Ontario
CANADA  N0M 2A0
tel.:  519-666-3282
net:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Apologies for the multiple messages for those on the various lists.

     Alberta
Alberta Auringer Wood
Honorary Research Librarian
Memorial University of Newfoundland