From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:30:19 -0500
Subject: Map Cataloging Book
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:10:39 -0500
From: HelenJane Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
To: MAPS-L (E-mail) <[log in to unmask]>

Today I ordered a second copy of Paige Andrew's book; "Cataloging Sheet
Maps; The Basics" so both the original and copy cataloging areas of the
University of Florida Libraries will have one.  It occurred to me that I had
not seen an announcement of the book's publication on MAPS-L.  If I missed
the email please excuse any duplication.  I thought I should bring it to the
attention of persons who had not seen the book.  We often see questions on
MAPS-L that could be answered in his book, which teaches the skills needed
for cataloging sheet maps and map sets. There have been a number of
excellent reviews  but I like the Library Journal's "Highly recommended,
clearly and concisely written...An excellent primer for map catalogers as
well as catalogers with little or no experience with maps."  The order
information is located on the Haworth Press webpage
http://www.HaworthPress.com

Congratulations Paige on an outstanding publication.  You have captured the
skills on paper that you have presented so well in numerous workshops.

Helen

HelenJane Armstrong, PhD
Head, Map & Imagery Library
George A. Smathers Libraries