From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:13:40 -0500
Subject:        Scans of old maps of Zion National Park / Mukuntuweap National
Monument?
Date:   Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:04:01 +0000
From:   Ken Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hi, folks:  A patron is looking for scans of older maps of Zion National
Park, or even maps under its original name as “*Mukuntuweap National
Monument*”.  The earliest hardcopy map I have is from a USGS topo from
1936, and WorldCat doesn’t show much else before that.  The map is
actually too large for our printer to scan (42 inches, over our 36”
limit).  Does anyone know of a scanned version accessible via the Web?
I went to USGS site, where a lot of the historical topos are being
posted, but none from Zion as of yet.  Any other leads, please?

---Ken Rockwell

Marriott Library

University of Utah