Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:19:41 -0600
Subject:        NV state plats online
Date:   Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:05:11 -0800
From:   Linda P Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Folks, it is with *great pleasure* [and relief] that I introduce you to
our latest set of maps on the UNR Map Library historic map site:

The 3000+ official plats of the State of Nevada dating from 1867 to
1927:
http://www.delamare.unr.edu/Maps/digitalcollections/nvmaps/plats/Default.htm

This project has been 4 years coming – 2 by State Lands and 2 by me and
the digital projects Tech Team.

The detail on these is quite incredible – houses & businesses indicated
and often named, old toll roads, etc. AND the patent numbers. In the
introduction I provide a link directly to the state site which will
provide the name of the first owner [and the deed if desired].

Although quite viewable and readable, we do not have all the jpgs in
place – we’re working on them now and will add any on-demand.

Enjoy!

Linda Newman

University of Nevada Reno