From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:34:22 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:09:27 -0500
From: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: more map storage advice please

I am wondering if anyne in library land has seen a catalog listing of metal map
cases with wooden finishes, and can cite the source? He is looking for map cases
to use in his home. I have advised him to avoid wooden cases for the damage they
can do to paper maps, and mentioned metal cases with wooden painted finishes.
However, now I cannot find a source! Any ideas on maps-l? Mr. Boulay is the
enquirer, but a reply to maps-l might help others also...many thanks, Alice
Hudson

Author:  "Steve Boulay" <[log in to unmask]> at Internet
Date:    1/19/99 9:13 AM

I wanted to jump in and ask if anyone has suggestions on where to buy a map
case.

The kind I want is a floor model that has enough drawers to store maps from
several different collections.

Any comments on the kind I should buy, dealers, wood vs. metal are
appreciated.

Thank you