From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:46:41 -0400
Subject: FW: ESRI Adds Support for JPEG2000 Compression to ArcGIS
   Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:52:25 -0400
   From: Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>

Collegues;This represents a move away from the very scary situation of
having our image data in strict proprietary formats (SID and/or ECW).  I
let out a big sigh of relief when I saw this!  I've been anticipating it
for over a year and am glad to see the JP2 Open Architecture Standard
finally embraced by ESRI.Patrick