From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane L Oswald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:18:44 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:03:06 -0500
From: Diane L Oswald <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Digital Sanborn Fire Insurance Map Sources - second attempt to
reply
Sender: Diane L Oswald <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Linda,

I know of three options for digital Sanborn Maps:

1. The company that bought Sanborn provides digital files on demand - I
don't have a current phone number but here is an address and the contact
that I have used:

Tina Thomas
Vice President
E. Data Resources
3530 Post Road
Southport, CT 06490

2. Environmental Risk Information & Imaging Services provides digital
Sanborns - they may be limited to those maps that are in the public
domain. ERIIS is at 505 Huntmar Park Drive, Suite 200, Herndon, VA 22070.
Phone 800-989-0402.

3. By late fall, E. Data Resources and the Library of Congress should
have digital Sanborns available for one or two select cities. I think
that Chicago and Los Angeles will be the first geographies released under
a ten-year project which is supposed to make the maps from both
organizations available via the Internet and other electronic media. In
the Jan./Feb. issue of Mercator's World my article on fire insurance
maps, which has more details on this project, is scheduled to come out.

Best wishes,

Diane L. Oswald
Author of "Fire Insurance Maps, Their History and Applications"
$11.95 post-paid, Lacewing Press, 15889 Woodlake Dr.
College Station, TX 77845

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--- End Forwarded Message ---