From:
Eric Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:51:54 EST
All,

        I'm attempting to help someone find the modern locations of five
towns and the political untit in which they fall. A patron has brought
five place names from an 1850's birth certificate. It is supposedly
written in the czech language and the places were - at the time -
considered to be in Bohemia. The towns are: Sanof, Rez, Podelice, Ryholce,
and Pecinov. The political unit in which they were apprently found was
Slosny. If any of you with greater European historical resources than we
have can look into this, I'd be greatful.
        We've checked the AMS Gazetteer of Eastern Europe (AMS N501),
"Where Once We Walked", Columbia Lippencott Gazetteer, and a few older and
historical atlases. No luck there.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Eric

Eric Schmidt
University of Tennessee
Cartographic Information Center                 [log in to unmask]
15 Hoskins Library
Knoxville, TN   37996-4006
(615) 974-4315