From:
Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 08:42:36 EDT
EEEKK!!!  Others may also comment, but even with my limited conservation
experience, I can see this would be a mistake.  The idea of flatness plus
humidity is on the right track, though.

Please, if you care about your creased maps at all, call a museum, large
library, art gallery/museum and consult a paper conservator for suitable
guidance.  Ellen (not speaking officially here)

Ellen Crosby                            [log in to unmask]
Indiana Historical Society Library      317/232-1879 voice
315 W. Ohio St.                         317/233-3109 fax
Indianapolis IN 46202