Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 21:26:51 EST

 GPO's Superceded List tells what a depository library may withdraw and it also
 indicates what regionals have decided to keep in spite of the maps being superc
 eded. It doesn't indicate that regionals are to keep superceded DMA nautical c
 harts and the NOS charts aren't even mentioned, until the first edition of the
 Administrative Notes Technical Supplement. It doesn't indicate in there that t
 he NOS superceded charts are to be kept by the regionals but nothing in that su
 pplement is marked "regional". There are series in the Superceded List that are
  to be kept by regionals, such as the CIA maps, Forest Service maps, etc.  Are
 we regionals keeping the ones they say we are? Who decided this, when? Arlyn.

 Arlyn Sherwood
 Map Librarian
 Illinois State Library
 217/782-5823 phone  217/782-4446 fax