From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:48:13 -0500
Subject:        Re: map cataloging training opportunities
Date:   Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:25:44 -0700
From:   Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

The Northwest Government Information Network (NGIN) had a spring meeting
earlier this year featuring Lori Robare from the University of Oregon
who showed us how to catalog using RDA.  She included on her power point
presentation a couple of examples for maps.
http://ngin.askcarlos.com/minutes/may2013.html
Also, the Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML) has a Map
Librarians' Toolbox that you might find helpful as well.
http://waml.org/maptools.html
ALA's Map & Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT) has publications
and resources available too.
http://www.ala.org/magirt/front
I hope you find these resources helpful.

         ,-~~-.___.
        / |  '     \ "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of
       (  )         0 the few or the one."
        \_/-, ,----'
           ====           // Mr. Spock
          /  \-'~;    /~~~(O) Star Trek:  The Wrath of Khan
         /  __/~|   /       |
       =(  _____| (_________|
Carlos A. Diaz
Government Publications, Maps, and Microforms
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
Mailstop 7548
Ellensburg, WA 98926
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/government-publications/
Carlos' phone:   (509) 963-1545

  >>> "Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library,              UW
Milwaukee" <[log in to unmask]> 8/12/2013 7:35 AM >>>