Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:36:35 -0600
Subject:        scan/copy of map corner needed
Date:   Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:16:00 -0600
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, all.

The 1981 Hammond “Atlas of the Greek and Roman world in antiquity”
includes a map of the full Roman Empire, i.e., Map #21, and our copy was
recently damaged. Someone tore off the lower left corner of the map, the
Africa part. This means that the map on the next page (Roman Britain) is
also missing some information. The full Roman Empire map is a
particularly handy size for someone to copy on one or two pages, and I
would like to have it restored. Our Preservation Department says they
can do this if I can get a copy of the corner from somewhere else.

So do any of your collections include this atlas, and if so would you be
willing to give me a color copy or scan of both the front and the back
of this map page? I can give you more information off the list, and even
send an attached scan of what I’m missing. If Preservation here can only
fix one side of this torn page, I will opt for the total Roman Empire
map, as I think that map is more useful.

Thank you.

Mary McInroy
Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
(319)335-6247

FAX: (319)335-5900