From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caplan,Ellen
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:19:07 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 01:36:11 -0500
From: "Caplan,Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Special Characters
Sender: "Caplan,Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>

The following is in response to the query from Friday, March 12 on
characters for minutes, seconds and degrees in OCLC's Passport and CatME for
Windows.  I am on vacation this week and periodically checking my e-mail.
Since I have no documentation at hand one of my colleagues at OCLC sent me
this information.

"See page 12 of OCLC's _Diacritics and Special Characters_ 2nd edition
manual for information on these characters.  For degrees, you use the
superscript zero.  For minutes, you use miagkii znak.  For seconds, you use
tverdyi znak.  All of these characters are available in the ALA Character
Selection dialog in Passport for Windows and CatME for Windows."

Ellen Caplan
OCLC
800-848-5878
--- End Forwarded Message ---