From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:32:58 -0500
Subject: UK historical boundary files via Athens
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:46:38 -0600 (CST)
From: Christopher Winters <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------

Dear colleagues,

I would be very grateful for advice as to how a non-UK library can access
the administrative boundary shapefiles that are part of the Great Britain
historical data base. An Athens password is required for access. Our
library's electronic resources acquisitions person has been trying for
some months to contact the folks who administer this system but has not
had much success. At one point he was given a password that did not work,
but mostly he has had trouble getting any sort of response at all. Has
anyone else outside the UK had better luck? Does anyone in the UK know
whom we might contact about this (the addresses given on the Athens
Website are not very up-to-date)? Our users and I would be enormously
grateful for any bit of information anyone could provide. (Sorry to make
such a public issue of this matter, but I'm assuming that we're not the
only ones with this problem.)

Many thanks.

Chris Winters
Bibliographer for Geography, Anthropology, and Maps
University of Chicago Library