From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David McQuillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:56:37 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:13:52 -0500
From: David McQuillan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SLA - Philadelphia
Sender: David McQuillan <[log in to unmask]>

C O M E    T O   P H I L A D E L P H I A   I N   J U N E

The 91st Annual Conference of the Special Libraries Association will be held in Philadelphia, June 10 - 15, 2000.  The preliminary program is now available at:  www.sla.org.  Click on "Conferences & Meetings", then "2000 Philadelphia Annual Conference", then "Preliminary Conference Program".  Follow the directions for name and password.

Highlights of the program are papers with the Insurance and Employee Benefits Division on business uses of GIS; the National Geologic Map Database with the Petroleum and Energy Resources Division; the U.S. Coast Survey and scanned images; IFLA- Bangkok, Singapore and Northern Thailand; contributed papers by Mary Galneder, University of Wisconsin, Bruce Obenhaus, Virginia Tech, Joanne Perry, University of Pennsylvania, and Dan Seldin, Indiana University; tour of the Philadelphia Print Shop; Spanish and Portuguese Manuscript Maps in the Library of Congress by John Herbert and Anthony Mullan; government mapping update by several agencies; tour of the Free Library of Philadelphia (FLOP); and opportunities for joint field trips to Amish Country and historic sites in and around Philadelphia.

Check out the details at the SLA website and renew or join SLA now and save.  Get member rates for the conference.  Membership is only $125.00 annually.  Members pay only $195.00 before May 1 for conference registration, $250.00 after.  Nonmember rates are $395.00 or $200.00 for one day.

So join SLA now, register before May 1 for the Philadelphia Conference, and come hear the exciting plans for the Geography and Map Division's 60th Anniversary celebration in San Antonio next year.

David C. McQuillan, Chair
Membership and Public Relations
SLA Geography and Map Division

David C. McQuillan