From:
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 13:29:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Map Inventory
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:28:30 -0700
From: Rudi Traichel <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Henna, You have a big job ahead of you, but a fun one too, if I
can be so bold. We too at UBC in Vancouver are in the process of trying
to establish a workable solution for a full inventory, especially for
maps in way way offsite strorage in preparation for High Density
Storage. We are not there yet, but soon, I hope.

The paper by John Anderson: that Paige mentioned is, I believe:
Anderson, John M. 2000. "Estimating the Size of a Large Map Collection."
/Cartographic Perspectives/ 37: 82-88.

cheers,

Rudi Traichel

Rudolf Traichel
Cataloguing & Technical Services (CTS) Librarian
Rare Cartographic Materials Cataloguer (RBSC)
University of British Columbia
Library Tech. Services – Cataloguing Division
Floor 3 – Woodward Library
2198 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver BC V6T 1Z3 CANADA

CTS Tel:(604) 822-3083 : RBSC Tel: 604-822-8208 ; Fax: (604) 822-3201
CTS Woodward Map Project Room 344 : 604-822-7257

(@ RBSC: Wed. A.M. ; Fri. PM / @ CTS Mon. & Tues. all day ; Wed. P.M. ;
Fri. A.M.)