From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:06:52 -0600
Subject:        free duplicate maps
Date:   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:43:46 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     AMC <[log in to unmask]>, mapsL <[log in to unmask]>

The National Library of Australia has the following maps to offer to good homes.
Multiple copies of some sheets are available (hence repeated listings)
Maps can probably be lugged to the ANZMapS conference if you want to pick them up there.
Otherwise unless you can make it here to collect them, we'll need to discuss postage reimbursement... contact me off list.

Also available:
a lovely specially-made varnished wooden chest  (110x31x40cm) with plywood spacers to hold groups of folded maps (WACs, ONCs, TPCs), and doors on two adjacent long sides.
Can be stood on end, with doors at front and side, and spacers horizontal as shelves;
or laid on side with doors top and front, and spacers vertical.
This box is available alone or with any/all of the maps.

contact Brendan Whyte  at  <[log in to unmask]>

*****************************

Lunar Chart (LAC) (dated 1962-64)
[topographic maps of the moon's near side]
1:1,000,000
sheet# ed
39  1
39  1
39  1
40  1
40  1
40  1
41  1
41  1
41  1
42  1
59  1
60  1
62  1
80  1
93  1
94  1
95  1

******************************

World Aeronautical Chart (WAC) (date range late 1940s- early 1960s)
1:1,000,000
sheet# edition
1    (none)
7    4
8    5
351  1
747  2
764  1
800  10
847  1
851  3
854  4
869  1
970  2
991  1
993  1
994  2
1087 3
1091 4
1092 1
1103 4
1117 2
1164 1
1206 1
1210 4
1240 2
1241 2
1360 3
1362 2
1396 4
1453 7
1474 8
1512 1
1552 7
1553 7
1570 7
1571 1
1611 advance
1639 1
1655 2
1684 2
1751 1
1754 1
1762 3
1773 1
1774 2
1775 1
1781 1
1789 1
1794 2
1795 1
1796 1
1797 1
1798 1
1799 1
1803 1
1804 2
1805 1
1806 1
1808 1
1809 1
1811 2
1812 2
1815 1
1822 1
1823 1
1828 1
1842 1
1846 1

********************

Tactical Pilotage Charts (TPC)   (generally 1960s-1990s)
1:500,000
sheet#   ed
[sheet numbers followed by a G have some minor grid overprint I believe]
[sheet numbers followed by M have magnetic declination overprint]
[Lots of coverage of the Middle East here, and E. & W. Malaysia]

C2A G  2
C2A G  2
C7A    1
D1B    4
D1C    8
D1C(AIRWAYS) 2
D2A    5
E1A    8
E1A G (AIRWAYS) 4
E2B    9
E2C G  5
E2D G  1
E2D G  1
E3A G  2
G1B(M) 1
G3B(M) 1
G4C    4
G4C    5
G4C    6
H11B   1
H5A    4
H5B    4
H5C    4
H5D    5
H6A    5
H6B    5
H6B    7
H6B    6
H6B G  3
H6C    7
H6C    6
H6C    5
H6C    4
H6C G  3
H6D    4
H6D    2
H6D G  1
H7D    5
H7D    3
J6A    2
J6A G  1
J6A G  1
J6B G  2
J6B G  1
J6C    3
J6C G  2
J6C G  1
J6D G  1
J7A    4
J7A G  3
J7B    3
J7B    4
J7C    4
J7C    3
J7D    3
K11D   1
K6A    3
K6B    3
L10A   3
L10A   4
L10B   3
L11B G 2
L11D G 2
L11D G 3
L12D G 2
M10D G 1

*********************************

OPERATIONAL NAVIGATION CHARTS (ONC) (generally 1960s-70s)
1:1,000,000
[Note the rare coverage of Canada, C9, D12-D14, D16, E15-E19]
[Note the coverage of Australia]
Sheet# ed
A2  1
A5  1