From:
James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:16:04 EST
reposted from another list.

>To: carta
>From: [log in to unmask] (James Boxall)
>Subject: de la Rigaudiere ??  Historic Map of Louisbourg
>
>Here's one I couldn't find an answer for  - not for lack of trying every
source I have here .

>There are several maps of Louisbourg from the mid-18th century.  The
producer/cartographic "house" is Le Rouge.  One of the authors has been
listed as Chev.-de la Rigaudiere.

>A user would like to find out some more information on this person (birth,
death, home, whatever).

>Can anyone help ??  (Historical stuff is not my strong area :-)
>
>James

"The more complex and sophisticated our systems of
lateral access,  the more we sacrifice in the way of depth."
Sven Birkerts (in The Gutenberg Elegies, 1995)

James Boxall (Map Curator)
Map Collection, Science Services
Killam Library, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada    B3H 4M8
(t) 902-494-3757
(f) 902-494-2062
(e) [log in to unmask]

Host Site for the Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives 1996
Annual Meeting

http://is.dal.ca/~gsbrown/acmla96.html

"What in observation is loose and vague
is in information deceptive and treacherous"
Francis Bacon, 1621