From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roland Hardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:05:52 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:44:01 -0500
From: Roland Hardt <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Mexican colonia data
Sender: Roland Hardt <[log in to unmask]>

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:05:23 -0600 (CST) Christopher Winters
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I would be very grateful for any information on the INEGI disc,
> _SCINCE, sistema para la consulta de information censal por colonias_.

Christopher -

according to INEGI you can "create indicators according to your specific
needs, make graphics and incorporate external sources" - that's all their
recent catalog says (there are CDs available updated until 1995, by the way
- and there are preliminary results in book form for the 2000 census).

I haven't worked with this specific CD, but normally INEGI includes a
custom Windoze program to view and print the data. You always have the
possibility to export the information into other formats, which vary from
disc to disc and the data available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roland