Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1993 11:22:58 EDT
Does anybody know of studies done on maps and vision in
relation to artificial intelligence?

What I am interested in is the role of 'visual perception'
in maps - that is when cartographers prepare (or now compute)
maps, does the perception of the potential user have anything
to do with it?

I relate this problem to gestalt theory and the understanding
of 'spatial phenomena'.

As far artificial intelligence or expert systems, I am
wondering if anybody has ever worked or is presently working
on a system that would have some level of understanding
(ie. intelligence) of spatial pheonomena.

Alain-Philippe Bruneau
McGill University - GSLIS

P.S. This is my first try at communication within this list...