From:
Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 14:09:20 EST
Allen: The University of Idaho Library has three copies of this title:
"Maps of Early Idaho".  Here is the description of Captain Pleasonton's
map - The Rockies to the Cascades: "Although not dated, this interesting
early map was prepared by Captain A Pleasonton from the notes and maps of
Reverend P.J. De Smet, the founder of the Catholic Mission later to become
St. Maries.....The early trails and other details are excellently
reproduced, considering that this map must have been drawn prior to
1850...." A xerox copy of this map may not do justice to the original, but
if you want to borrow the whole atlas, you may contact our ILL office,
208-885-6843, fax: 208-885-6817 for a loan, or get special permission from
the head of the reference (it is in the non-circulating Atlas collection.)
The call number for this title is: Atlas G1481.S1.M3.1972

Lily Wai                                Phone: 208-885-6344
Head of Government Documents            Fax:   208-885-6817
University of Idaho Library (0135)      E-Mail:[log in to unmask]
Moscow, ID 83844-2353                   http://drseuss.lib.uidaho.edu:80/govdoc/