From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
April Carlucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 17:05:17 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:35:19 +0000
From: April Carlucci <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Missile Sites in Minnesota/Wisconsin <fwd>

   About missle sites:

   I shouldn't be surprised that detailed defense information does not
   appear on the current USGS topos--after all, Camp David doesn't even
   appear! As a first step, your researcher might try older editions, as
   you say you only keep the latest, by trying either a large map library
   in the area in question (U Minn at Minneapolis or the AGS in Milwaukee
   come to mind), or by contacting USGS regarding their file of superceded
   topos. Still, this would only be in order to be thorough, as I doubt the
   sites will show up.

   A second more likely place would be to check the topos produced by the
   AMS/DMA. These are more military in nature. There is a series of 1:25,000
   for Minnesota AMS V872, and for Wisconsin AMS V861.

   Good luck!

   April Carlucci
   British Library Map Library
--- End Forwarded Message ---