From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:10:06 -0500
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Robert L AGC Hadden" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Discussion of Library Reference Issues" <[log in to unmask]>, "Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], "Federal Librarians Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>, "Military Librarians Division" <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:30:19 PM
Subject: Retirement of Lee Hadden (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

        I will be retiring at the end of this month after 27 years as a federal librarian, and after another six years of non-federal librarianship. I have worked in my time in most different types of libraries: corporate libraries; college centers; public libraries; medical libraries and specialized research libraries in the physical sciences, engineering and even in a museum library of natural history.
        It has been a wonderful career, and I have enjoyed working with my many interesting and unique colleagues and library patrons over the years.
        And I find that there are some mixed feelings as I leave. While I am looking forward to a new life in retirement, I am also uncertain about my position as "a former librarian." I will from now on I'll simply be known as "Mrs. Hadden's Mr. Hadden."
        I do know I will miss you all.
        -30-

Lee Hadden

R. Lee Hadden