From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:48:36 -0600
Subject:        FW: Map theft news
Date:   Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:30:54 -0800
From:   Janet Collins <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>,

*From:  * Robert Lopresti
*Sent:  * Monday, January 14, 2008 10:20 AM
*To:    * Janet Collins
*Subject:       * Map theft news

Janet-

Please send this message to the same lists as last week.  I will forward
it to GOVDOCS and Exlibris.

Cheers.

After I sent a message ot this list last Thursday about map theft
Detective Bruce McDermott of the Great Falls, MT, Police Department
contacted me.  He asked me to pass on this news, related to the Brubaker
investigation  (ellipsis in the original):

Old books (late 1700's- early 1900's) have turned up in our search (over
1000 books) attributed to College and Public Libraries.....most have the
library identifiers and the libraries will be contacted in the days to
come.  I would like the (other) libraries to know of these book thefts
as well because we are hoping that (like WWU did in the feb. 06 case)
they filed police reports or might have seen an elderly suspect.  We
wouild love to know if there are police reports associated with book/map
thefts.

Feel free to contact Detective McDermott at [log in to unmask]

Rob

Rob Lopresti
Government Information Librarian, WL Liaison for Huxley College
Western Washington University