From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:46:47 -0500
Subject:        RE: OSS map collections
Date:   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:44:00 -0500
From:   Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

The American Geographical Society Libary at UW Milwaukee has "a bunch"
of these - undocumented as to how many. Perhaps a topic of some research
that one of our fellowships could sponsor?? (Read below)

Angie

* Fellowships for 2011 at the American Geographical Society Library *

Applications deadline October 18, 2010

The American Geographical Society Library, University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries, welcomes applications for two short-term
fellowship programs:

*McColl Research Program fellowships.* This is a short-term fellowship
program available to individuals who wish to communicate their
geographical research results to a broad, educated general audience.
Awards of $3,300 for four-week fellowships will be provided to support
residencies for the purpose of conducting research that makes direct use
of the Library, and results in publication in a mutually agreed outlet.
*Helen and John S. Best Research Fellowships.* Stipends of $400 per
week, for periods up to 4 weeks, will be awarded to help support
residencies for the purpose of conducting research that makes direct use
of the Library.

The AGS Library, the former research library and map collection of the
American Geographical Society of New York, has strengths in geography,
cartography and related historical topics. More information on the AGS
Library is available at the website:

http://www4.uwm.edu/libraries/AGSL/index.cfm

Applications must be received by October 18, 2010. All fellowships are
tenable in 2011.

Fellowship information is available at the AGS Library website at:

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/fellowships.html

or write, call or e-mail:
AGS Library
P.O. Box 399