From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:41:35 -0500
Subject:        forwarded question: Library schools with map librarianship?
Date:   Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:40:08 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

All,

I need some assistance with the following question. The only Library school
I'm aware of with some kind of focus on map librarianship (or at least the
only one I can remember with this addled brain of mine) is the University
of Maryland. Thanks for you help!

Paige

Question:
One of our student assistants will be graduating in the summer with a B.S.
in Geography.  I mentioned the career track of map librarian/map cataloger
to her, and she is interested in learning more about career opportunities
in this field.  Can you provide any information or point us to Web
sites?  Is there an MLS degree program that is strong in map cataloging?

Marilou Z. Hinchcliff, Coordinator of Cataloging
Harvey A. Andruss Library
Bloomsburg University
400 E. 2nd St.
Bloomsburg PA  17815
(570) 389-4226
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]