From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:43:11 -0500
Subject:        Results on misprint in "Mapping a Continent"
Date:   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:20:14 -0500
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Below is my original question.

Turns out nearly everyone’s copy is the same as mine, i.e., has the same
misprinting on pages 218 and 219. I even found out that someone’s copy
had 11 French pages in the middle of the English.

So after checking that my copy did not include a small French section,
and also determining that the book cost $75 or less, I’ve decided to go
with the solution proposed by one of my respondents: add an errata and
steer patrons to the LOC version of the entire map.

Thank you so much for responding to my question.

Best,

Mary McInroy

Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection

University of Iowa Libraries Iowa City, IA 52242-1420

(319)335-6247