From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:49:37 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: unincorporated maps
Date:   Tue, 15 Nov 2005
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

You might try the Census Bureau's collection of boundary files.  I don't
know of any maps that show just what you are looking for, but with any
basic GIS you should be able to use these files (Incorporated Places/Census
Designated Places) to find what you need.  When using the  Incorporated
Places/Census Designated Places file you need to select on LSAD (short for
"Legal Statistical Area Description") equal to "57", or select on
LSAD_TRANS equal to "CDP" (short for Census Designated Place).  These are
defined in the Census Bureau's online glossary as "A statistical area
defined for a census as a densely settled concentration of population that
is not incorporated but which resembles an incorporated place in that it
can be identified with a name."

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cob/bdy_files.html

Andy McIntire
Cartographer