From:
Eric Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:10:19 EST
All,

        I'm looking for some information about collection sizes for
AMS/DMA/NIMA depository collections. I've made a couple of specific
requests, but those I've contacted with the request have been unable to
give me the numbers I need due to their collection arrangement. I need to
know how many drawers of AMS/DMA/NIMA foreign topographic maps some of the
other collections out there have. Since some libraries interfile them with
the rest of the collection, I'm probably asking this of only those
collections that keep these maps as a stand alone part of your collection
in AMS/DMA series and sheet order. If some of you out there who handle
your AMS/DMA maps this way could reply, I need to know:

        -How many drawers make up that part of your total collection?
         &
        -About how full are the drawers, on average?

Thanks in advance to any and all who help!

Eric

Eric Schmidt
University of Tennessee
Cartographic Information Center                 [log in to unmask]
15 Hoskins Library
Knoxville, TN   37996-4006
(615) 974-4315