From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:33:51 -0500
Subject:        Re: A Genealogy Map Story
Date:   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:11:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Donna G Genzmer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

...which brings to mind Robert Frost's poem "Ghost House"
<http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/ghost-house/>
I dwell in a lonely house I know
That vanished many a summer ago,
And left no trace but the cellar walls,
And a cellar in which the daylight falls,
And the purple-stemmed wild raspberries grow.

O'er ruined fences the grape-vines shield
The woods come back to the mowing field;
The orchard tree has grown one copse
Of new wood and old where the woodpecker chops;
The footpath down to the well is healed....