From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:06:56 -0500
Subject: RE: Biblical maps and Bible Lands
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:05:24 -0500
From: Geoff Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'
CC: Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, Rick--

I cannot answer your specific question--the List's map librarians will
no doubt do that--but I thought you'd be interested in a previous thread
on GIS and the Bible (below).

Also, I recommend a simple but very helpful book of transparencies
(which I like to think of as "the original vector data") that allow you
to see maps of ancient bible lands overlaid with modern day boundaries,
called "Then and Now Bible Maps" which you can find on the following
site (and they have lots of nice pull-down classroom style maps of the
Holy Land, etc., too):

http://www.wall-maps.com/bible/Then-And_Now_Bible_Maps.htm

Geoff

Geoffrey A. Forbes, M.S.