From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:02:46 -0600
Subject:        Re: Fwd: artists and Gov mapping
Date:   Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:58:01 -0500
From:   Reed Lowrie <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Great idea Michael (I too may steal it sometime), and great suggestions
from Scott. You might also look at William Henry Holmes' work for
Clarence Dutton's Atlas accompanying the Tertiary History of the Grand
Canon District, which is absolutely spectacular. Wallace Stegner's book
on John Wesley Powell is great on Holmes and on the competition between
the Powell, Hayden and King/Wheeler surveys, who each tried to outdo the
other by producing more and more impressive publications.

Best,
Reed

Maps-L Moderator wrote:
> [...]

Reed Lowrie
Science Reference and Cartographic Librarian
Cabot Science Library
Harvard University
1 Oxford St.
Cambridge MA 02138
voice: (617) 496-5534 fax: (617) 495-5324