From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:44:18 -0500
Subject: Drawing Book of Siberia by Semen Remezov
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:04:36 +0300
From: Alexey Postnikov <[log in to unmask]>

My dear friends, Historians of Cartography!

I have a great pleasure to announce that at long last the famous Semen
Remezov's Drawing Book of Siberia has been published as a full color
facsimile edition by the Federal Service of Geodesy and Cartography of
Russia, Russian State Library, and "Vozrozhdenie Tobol'ska" Foundation.
It is a great pity that Professor Leonid Goldenberg has not lived to
this happy day, the day which we dreamed about together and tried hard
to make it a reality.

Please, find below the full bibliographic data on this publication.

"Chertezhnaya kniga Sibiri, sostavlennaya Tobol'skim synom Boyarskim
Semenom Remezovym v 1701 godu: v 2-kh tomakh: Faksimil'noe izdanie"
[Drawing Book of Siberia, compiled by boyar's son Semen Remezov in 1701:
in two volumes: Facsimile edition]. Federal Service of Geodesy and
Cartography of Russia, Russian State Library, and "Vozrozhdenie
Tobol'ska" Foundation. Editors: A.A. Drazhnyuk, V.V. Fedorov, A.N.
Krayukhin, A.V. Postnikov, V.F. Molchanov, N.E. Kotel'nikova, N.N.
Polunkina, (Moscow: FGUP PKO "Kartografiya", 2003; printed in Italy
(Verona) by "Grafica").
Volume I "Chertezhnaya kniga Sibiri, sostavlennaya Tobol'skim synom
Boyarskim Semenom Remezovym v 1701 godu: v 2-kh tomakh: Faksimil'noe
izdanie" [Drawing Book of Siberia, compiled by boyar's son Semen Remezov
in 1701: Facsimile edition] (Atlas) (Moscow: FGUP PKO "Kartografiya",
2003; printed in Italy (Verona) by "Grafica"). 24 two sides' sheets;
size: 48,5x34 cm.
Volume II "Chertezhnaya kniga Sibiri, sostavlennaya Tobol'skim synom
Boyarskim Semenom Remezovym v 1701 godu: v 2-kh tomakh: Issledovaniya"
[Drawing Book of Siberia, compiled by boyar's son Semen Remezov in 1701:
Research Papers and commentaries]. Authors of the research papers and
commentaries are A.V. Postnikov, V.F. Molchanov, N.E. Kotel'nikova, L.N.
Zinchuk, I.V. Levochkin, Zh.F. Ustimenko. (Moscow: FGUP PKO
"Kartografiya", 2003; printed in Italy (Verona) by "Grafica"), 176
pages, size: 32,5x19,5 cm - ISBN 5 - 85120 - 188 - 6 (volume II).

The general history of the "Book" and its place in the history of
cartography studied in the paper, opening the second volume:

A.V. Postnikov. Kartogarfirovanie Sibiri v XVII - nachale XVIII veka.
Semen Ul'yanovich Remezov i ego rukopisnye atlasy [Mapping of Siberia in
the seventeenth and early eighteenth century. Semen Ul'yanovich Remezov
and his manuscript atlases]. "Chertezhnaya kniga Sibiri, sostavlennaya
Tobol'skim synom Boyarskim Semenom Remezovym v 1701 godu: v 2-kh tomakh:
Issledovaniya" [Drawing Book of Siberia, compiled by boyar's son Semen
Remezov in 1701: Research Papers and commentaries]. (Moscow: FGUP PKO
"Kartografiya", 2003; printed in Italy (Verona) by "Grafica"): 7-19.

With best wishes,

Alexey Postnikov (Professor, Doctor of Science)
Corresponding Member of the International Academy of the History of
Science (Paris)
Corresponding Member of the European Academy of Sciences (Brussels)
Deputy Director
Institute of the History of Science and Technology
Russian Academy of Sciences
1/5 Staropanskiy Street, Moscow 109012, Russia.
Phone: (7-095)-925-70-03 (office)
(7-095)-978-25-57 (home)
Fax: (7-095)-925-99-11
E-mail: [log in to unmask]