From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:45:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Needed: map of Tibet
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:46:31 -0400
From: Jeremiah Trinidad-Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Michael,

Take a look at THL & the Trace Foundation, I think both have projects
with geocoded place names in Tibetan, Chinese, Simplified Chinese &
Pinyin.

I know the Trace foundation has a lot more available than what's in
the Place Names List, although I don't know how complete it is yet so
if you don't find what you are looking for it would be worth
contacting them (same with THL).

http://www.trace.org/home.html
http://www.thlib.org/

Thanks,
Jeremiah
--
Jeremiah Trinidad-Christensen
GIS/Map Librarian

Quoting "Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library,