From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:56:05 -0500
Subject:        Arizona Electronic Atlas is Available!
Date:   Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:38:48 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>

Hello:

This is Chris Kollen from the University of Arizona Library.  The past
two years, the UA Library has been developing the Arizona Electronic
Atlas, http://atlas.library.arizona.edu
<http://atlas.library.arizona.edu/>  - we've just recently released it!
It's a dynamic web-based state atlas where you can create, manipulate,
and download maps and data from a wide variety of subjects.  We
developed it in partnership with the Arizona State Cartographers Office,
State Library, Arizona Geographic Information Council, ASU and a campus
advisory group.  We received a grant from the Institute of Museum and
Library Services to create the atlas.  (It uses ArcIMS, ArcSDE, and Oracle.)

The data is arranged in four map themes: Natural Resources, People and
Society, Business and Economics, and Environment and Population.  The
map and associated data can be printed or downloaded.  The project team
has sought to use the most recent data available.   In addition to the
Atlas, the site also includes online instructions on how to use the
atlas, tutorials, teaching resources and a detailed glossary.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Chris Kollen

Chris Kollen,  Geography and Sociology Librarian
University of Arizona Library
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ   85721-0055
(520) 621-4869