From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:11:49 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:13:10 -0600
From: Anna Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MO River Floodplain data
Sender: Anna Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>

Hi All,
I am forwarding a request for ArcView format data and other info concerning
the Mo river floodplain. I hope someone "out there" may be able to help
Kelly. Please, reply to her directly at:

Many thanks,
Anna

Thank you for posting this request for me.

The project that I am working on is this:
We are looking at the effects of development in the floodplain of the MO
River on the river itself as well as surrounding communities.  We want to
know how much land has been taken out of the floodplain since the 1993
flood.  We want to try to determine if this negatively impacts the system
(river and surrounding environment in regards to flooding) as a whole.

I'm looking for maps that I can import into ArcView in addition to any data
that is available on flood damage or flood-related.  I have found some info
already off of the MSDIS web site.  The maps that I am interested in are
St. Charles County and City.  Detail that I would like would be where
levees are located, where new development (residential and business) has
occurred, otherr municipalities in the county, roads, in short, any
physical data.  A county summary would be useful as well.

Kelly Burnes
Graduate Research Assistant
Public Policy Research Center
University of Missouri-St. Louis
8001 Natural Bridge Rd
St. Louis, MO  63121-4499
(314) 516-5274

Anna A. Sylvan                          Tel. 636.978.7997
Manager                                 Fax  636.978.7998
GIS/Gov't Information Resources         [log in to unmask]
St. Charles City-County Lib. District
2750 Hwy K, O'Fallon, MO 63366-7859
                http://www.win.org/library/matls/govdocs/main.htm

--- End Forwarded Message ---