From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:04:28 -0500
Subject:        MARC to MODS for digitized maps
Date:   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:30:19 -0700
From:   Kasianovitz, Kristine <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi!

We are embarking on a map digitization project here at the UCLA
library.  Our team wanted to find out if any of you who have been
working on these scanning projects had any experience of mapping MARC
records to MODS for cartographic resources.  We are particularly
wondering if there were any changes you made to the MARCXML to MODS
stylesheets at the Library of Congress site or if you created any
stylesheets of your own.  If you have any thoughts on using MODS for
cartographic resources, that would be very helpful as well.

Best,
Kris

Kris Kasianovitz
Young Research Library Collections, Research and Instructional Services
Department |
Librarian for Public Policy, Urban Planning, NGOs and State, Local, and
Canadian Government Information |

Interim Librarian for Geography, Maps, and GIS |

UCLA

A1540 Research Library
Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA  90095