From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:53:55 -0500
Subject: maps for visually impaired
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:32:49 -0500
From: "Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Are there any globes that ware especially good for introducing the
blind to continents and ocean basins?  This is in the context of an
intro physical geology course.  I hope this person will be able to
recognize continental outlines and the presence of mountain chains
and stable interiors.  I am going to demonstrate sea floor spreading
and subduction using table edges and newspaper (this might be
good for my sighted students,
Dr. Tom Hanley, Department of Chemistry and Geology, Columbus
State U.,
4225 University Ave., Columbus, Georgia 31907-5645.
Links to the ACRES project and to 1998 and 1999 pictures I took in
Panama may be found at:
http://chemgeo.ColState.edu/th_hp.htm
VOX: 706-568-2075; FAX: 706-569-3133.
"Tom" <[log in to unmask]>