From:
Julie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:23:20 +0000
*******************
NEDCC ANNOUNCES:

CROWDFUNDING FOR PRESERVATION:
NEDCC's new initiative to help cultural institutions raise funds for conservation, digitization, and audio preservation projects

WHY:
Many collections are in urgent need of conservation treatment and digitization, and America's cultural organizations still struggle to identify sources of funding to help preserve these materials. Our nation's collections at risk far outnumber funding opportunities currently available through federal, state, and foundation grants.  Increasingly, the responsibility for preserving our history is in ALL our hands.

HOW IT WORKS:
1. NEDCC will post a few of our client's proposed conservation, imaging, and audio preservation projects for which they are actively fundraising.
2. NEDCC will highlight the institution's preservation and fundraising efforts through social media and E-Announcements, and include a "Donate" button which links directly to the organization's website.
3. INDIVIDUALS CAN SELECT a project that interests them, and then easily make a donation - large or small - toward the treatment or imaging needed.  Every dollar raised will help.

FOR INSPIRATION:
Have a look at our first two listings: The Lexington MA Historical Society and the Nashua NH Historical Society (MAPS!) Both have been very successful at raising funds for their conservation and imaging projects, and each has approached the challenge in different ways. Be creative everyone!

LEARN MORE: https://www.nedcc.org/crowdfunding/crowdfunding-for-preservation

JOIN US IN SUPPORTING the preservation of our nation's important cultural heritage collections.
Please pass the word - And thank you!

NORTHEAST DOCUMENT CONSERVATION CENTER
www.nedcc.org
JOIN our E-News list for all the latest updates:
https://www.nedcc.org/about/contact/sign-up-for-news