From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1993 15:29:32 EDT
Here are two messages about the question of a list of islands.---Johnnie

--------------------------

         Re: Island lists
      Mon, 16 Aug 93 23:54:52 PDT
      Greg G. <[log in to unmask]>

> Is there a compendium of islands of the world--a listing from largest to
> smallest would be nice.

dear richard,

the only one i've seen is in THE WORLD ALMANAC AND BOOK OF FACTS, and not
only is that offline information, but it is also listed alphabetically
within each ocean (so that's two strikes against it!). and there is a
third possible strike agains it: it only lists islands in major oceans,
and not any within the united states (long island, etc)

did you find anything listed on internet?

take care!

greg

*>=====[_]D           |     Greg Griffin
       -'-'-          |     ACA member: DABASAP
                      |     PGP 2.3 public key available upon request

        Tue, 17 Aug 1993 07:31:50 -0400
        "Alberta Auringer Wood, Map Librarian, Memorial Univ. of
        Newfoundland" <awood@
        kean.ucs.mun.ca>
         RE: Island lists:

While I do not know of a list of islands from small to large, I have
often found the "Standard Encyclopedia of the World's Oceans and
Islands" to be useful.  Author is Anthony Julian Huxley; imprint is
New York : Putnam, 1962.
Alberta Wood, Memorial University, St. John's, Nfld. ([log in to unmask])