From:
Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 15:58:52 EST
Hello All:
If you are on both Geonet-L and Maps-L, please excuse the cross
posting.  You may also wish to forward this to other lists.

   Those of you with access to the Denver Post might want to take a
look at the editorial cartoon today (March 9, 1994).  It shows a
library underneath an overpass labelled "Information Superhighway"
(with the words zoom,honk,beep coming from it).  In front of the
Library, a librarian is standing saying "Shhhh! People are trying to
read!"  Needless to say, I am not amused.  WHO DO THEY THINK IS GOING
TO HELP JOHN Q. PUBLIC LOCATE INFORMATION ON THE SUPERHIGHWAY--SOME
COMPUTER WIZARD?  (This is especially pertinent to those of us who
deal with information from the U.S. Government).  I do intend to write
and complain, and hope that those of you in Colorado will do the
same.  I will also be sending a copy to American Libraries for the
How they're seeing us column.  Linda Zellmer  [log in to unmask]