From:
Susan Rabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1993 08:25:12 EDT
I have a question for you map librarians. I am not a subscriber
to this list so please reply to me directly.  I'll post a
summary of your responses to the list if your responses indicate
an interest.

We own a small number of titles in a voluminous collection of
foreign daily weather maps.  Many of these are unbound and all
are not stored in map cases.  As we've mulled over this storage
problem, we've begun to question the utility of daily weather
maps in an interlibrary loan collection.  The question we have
is: if these were catalogued would anyone borrow them?  If not,
does CRL need to keep them or is there a more appropriate
collection for them besides NOAA? Or to rephrase that question:
The usage is climatic, cartagraphic, or agricultural, etc. and
therefore the _____ collection is the most appropriate home for
this material.

Susan Rabe
Collection Resources Bibliographer
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637-2804
TEL:  800-621-6044 x323 or 312-955-4545 x323
FAX: 312-455-4339
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]